Just having a little fun with the local schools’ mascots. LHS
Just having a little fun with the local schools’ mascots. FHS
Just having a little fun with the local schools mascots. EHS
|15 oz (1 can)||black beans (drained and rinsed lightly)|
|1 cup||corn kernels (frozen)|
|1/2 small||red onion (diced)|
|1 clove||garlic (minced)|
|1/4 bunch||cilantro (rinsed, stems removed, and rough chopped)|
|2 cups||shredded cheese|
|1 batch||taco seasoning|
|10 small||flour tortillas|
Mix the beans, corn, onion, garlic, cilantro, cheese and taco seasoning in a large bowl.
Form quesadillas with the filling and tortillas. Cook on a skillet on both sides on medium heat until brown and crispy and the cheese has melted.
From Sue – Fall 2016
|2 Tbsp||olive oil|
|1 medium||yellow onion|
|1 medium||jalapeno (seeds removed)|
|3/4 lbs||chicken breast|
|6 c||chicken broth|
|14.5 oz||diced tomatoes with chilis|
|1 medium||lime (~2 Tbsp juice)|
|1/2 bunch||cilantro (rinsed)|
Dice the onion, celery, and jalapeno. Mince the garlic. Combine and cook in olive oil over medium heat for about five minutes.
Pour mixture into crock pot. Add chicken breast, chicken broth, tomatoes, oregano and cumin. Cook on low all day or high for for half.
Remove the chicken and shred with two forks. return the meat to the pot. Squeeze the lime juice into the soup. Roughly chop the cilantro, add to the pot, give it a quick stir and serve. Dice the avocado and add a few chunks to each bowl.
From Sue – Fall 2016
12 eggs, preferably 10-14 days old
- Remove eggs from refrigeration 20-30 minutes before cooking them. Cold eggs are more likely to crack when added to boiling hot water.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. We recommend using a strainer insert.
- Using a large spoon, slowly and carefully lower the eggs down into the boiling water.
- Cook eggs for 15 minutes. Turn burner off and let eggs sit another 3 minutes.
- Drain off the hot water.
- Put the pot with eggs in the sink, fill and run cold water over the eggs for 2 minutes.
- Drain off the cold water.
- Let the eggs cool completely before putting the back in the egg carton.
- Store cooled eggs in the refrigerator.