12 eggs, preferably 10-14 days old
- Remove eggs from refrigeration 20-30 minutes before cooking them. Cold eggs are more likely to crack when added to boiling hot water.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. We recommend using a strainer insert.
- Using a large spoon, slowly and carefully lower the eggs down into the boiling water.
- Cook eggs for 15 minutes. Turn burner off and let eggs sit another 3 minutes.
- Drain off the hot water.
- Put the pot with eggs in the sink, fill and run cold water over the eggs for 2 minutes.
- Drain off the cold water.
- Let the eggs cool completely before putting the back in the egg carton.
- Store cooled eggs in the refrigerator.